You should now have the necessary knowledge to install a VERSA-LOK Standard SRW!
- With the proper tools available on-site, excavate existing site materials and compact foundation soils.
- Create the leveling pad by installing and compacting 6 inches of crushed road-base aggregate.
- Ensure that the leveling pad is level front to back and side to side.
- Place the base course--which becomes your embedment--and ensure that it's perfectly level front to back and side to side.
- Add subsequent courses. Place and compact drainage aggregate and backfill every 6 inches while including any geogrid.
- Finally, add cap units and final landscaping to finish your segmental retaining wall!
The next section, Unit Modification, identifies how and when to modify a VERSA-LOK unit.